January 07, 2006

Hacker's Law
The belief that enhanced understanding will necessarily stir a nation or an organization to action is one of mankind's oldest illusions.

101 Things you did(n't) know about me

I started writing this post with the hope of finding 101 things about me. I then realized that I am not that unique a person. (There goes one of my myths :) ). So here are 25 things about me.
  1. I am not a unique person - lol.
  2. I am the average, run of the mill, John Doe kind of person. Or so I think.
  3. I started a blog eons ago, actually 2 years ago, because, well, everybody was doing that. I was just trying to fit in. It evolved to become much more. And I became happy.
  4. A Murphy's Law headed and will head each post. Just to remind everybody that if things can go wrong, it will - one of my strongest principles by which I operate. And which has proved itself time and again.
  5. I am doing my grad school in Austin. My Masters actually. Dont know whether I want to continue on for a Ph.D. I somehow dont like academia. I prefer to work in an industry.
  6. Did an internship at Nvidia. Which I absolutely loved. Also because of California. There is just so much to do there.
  7. That said, I went camping, hiking, white-water rafting (riding the rapids), mountain biking, skydiving, eating, enjoying and generally freaking out.
  8. Loved the adventure sports. Want to bungee jump next, inspite of its prohibitively high cost.
  9. I fell in love with San Francisco. A tough decision between New York and SF as my best cities.
  10. Took a train ride across america, on board the California Zephyr. The magical mountains, canyons, forests and fields all tied in a first class package enthralled me.
  11. Books. Yes. I get time to read the occasional fiction. When I am not studying, or out on a photo shoot, or gaming, or listening to music. Am drawn like a moth to science fiction and thrillers.
  12. Photography. A little while ago, I got hooked to photography. With my DSC - V1 I was the regular shutterbug. My favorite ones got into my Flickr. I plan to get an SLR later this year.
  13. Games. Computer Games, to be specific. Play a lot of genres - first person shoot 'em up, racing, real time strategy, role playing. Of late, I became hooked on to World of Warcraft - for which a 15$ gets charged to my card every month.
  14. Music. Have a reasonably good collection. Mostly pop. And trance. And classical (English classical). Quite an eclectic mixture. Managed to pay my way to a couple of symphoies, notably the Beethoven's Ninth Symphony.
  15. Tech. Call me a techie. Nerd. Geek. Why I became like that? Partly due to my course of study. Partly due to my internship. Partly due to my friends during my internship. Partly my own interest. Every day of mine begins with me reading tech news, before regular news. Expect a lot of posts being techie.
  16. Food. Ever since I lived on my own - from August 04, I had to cook on my own. For about a year, I was a gourmet. Actually relishing food. And enjoying cooking as well. Then came my diet - which brings me to my next point.
  17. I have been on a weightlifters diet, namely low carb high protein low fat diet. Which worked a lot towards reducing my weight (until my trip to India). I plan to continue with it as it has been quite helpful
  18. Which brings me to the next point - I end up frequenting the gym a lot.
  19. I love my computer a lot. Love to tinker with it. And fine tune it.
  20. I love my camera a lot.
  21. Love to travel. See places. Explore. Take a lot of photos.
  22. Certified Train Nut. I have a special place in my heart for trains. Am attracted to them like moth to a light. Prefer them over all other modes of transport.
  23. A year and a half in USA has provided me with a new perspective. Made me more independent than ever before. And helped me appreciate the finer things of life.
  24. I am part of the jovial lot. Not easily tensed. And easily crack a joke which not many people appreciate.
  25. Finally. Oh Yes. I am still looking :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

where are the rest 76? Har Har

5:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Online Ad Post Jobs Available (11537)
Http://www.bestonlinejob.net Internet Online
Home Base Copy Paste Jobs Available Registration
$200 To $1000/- As Per Month Earning $100 To $300 Daily
Registration Daily Working Daily Earning
For Further Detail ? www.bestonlinejob.net

11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home